I just moved the music4dance blog and help system to a new provider. I hate the fact that many recent posts have been about infrastructure changes that I’ve made due to one or another of my providers breaking something under me. But such is the world of software. I won’t bore you with the details here (you’re welcome). At some point I may take the time to explain what happened this time on my technical blog with the hope of saving others similar pain.
What does this mean to you? Hopefully not a whole lot. The URL for the blog is now https://music4dance.blog rather than https://www.music4dance.net/blog. But even if you have bookmarks to the old blog or help, they should redirect smoothly to the new site without any action on your part. Also, I spent a decent amount of time when I first set up the site to try to make the blog and help system look like a relatively seamless part of the main site. Not everything that I did directly translates to the new host, so the blog looks a little more like a separate site. I think that’s all right by, I’m open to other opinions.
The other impact of this change is that I’m now paying for something that used to be free, so I will politely ask again that you consider supporting music4dance.net in one way or another.
As always, I welcome feedback. I read every email and do my best to respond to them all.
One thought on “The music4dance Blog Just Moved”