The dance details pages give an overview of an individual dance style or category of dances styles, including a brief description, a top ten list and other information.
Note: Music4Dance has been through a major upgrade since this documentation was written. The general concepts on this page are still generally accurate. But colors, icons and some specifics will differ from the live site. Please contact us with specific questions or requests for updates.
- Breadcrumbs to show you the primary navigation path to the page that you are currently viewing. In the example pictured, you see Music4Dance (the home page), Dances (the dance style page), and Swing (the current details page).
- A brief description of the style or category of dance. We are continuing to refine these descriptions to primarily provide a description of the relationship between this dance and other dances and the relationship between this dance and the music that it is danced to.
- Table of contents for this page, this will be different depending on what information we’ve cataloged for the dance style or category.
- Top ten list of songs for this the category or style. This list acts very much like a snap-shot of the song list. Clicking on the play button will take you to streaming or purchase options for the song. Clicking on tags will take you to the song list for the dance style including or excluding songs tagged with the tag you chose.
- A Spotify player for the top ten list. You can also find an extended list directly in Spotifyunder the music4dance profile. While you’re there please consider following us on Spotify.
- For a dance category, this area shows the list of dance styles that we’ve grouped into this category. For a dance style this area shows additional tempo information.
- References that we’ve gathered for more information about this dance style or category. If you have additional useful references, we’re always ready to add more, so please send us feedback.
- A tag cloud of music genre, tempo and other tags for this style/category of dance. Clicking on a tag will give you the options to see a complete list of songs for this category/style that either include or exclude the tag . Or start a search based just on the tag without the dance style filter.
3 thoughts on “Dance Details”
This is an amazing site. Can you tell me what dance(s) would go with Keith Urban’s song, God’s Been Good to Me. THANK YOU!
Thanks! God’s Been Good to Me is in 4/4 time at about 98 beats per minute. So of the dances that I cover on music4dance, the Blues, International Style Rumba or American Style Bolero are the closest matches. It’s a bit fast, but I could also see dancing Night Club Two Step to this song. It is very much a Country song (obviously) and I neither dance nor have any deep knowledge of the country branch of partner dancing, so there might be something more appropriate among those dances.